10 Ways to Celebrate National Craft Month
March is National Craft Month. Given that most of us around here are needleworkers, crafting is already a part of our lives, so merely doing something crafty is not much of a celebration.
To my way of thinking, a “celebration” should be something special, not something we do every day. As crafters, we’re going to have to stretch a little farther to give this month its due. Here are ten ways we might do that:
- Set aside time every day this month to craft, even if it’s only 15 minutes.
- Splurge on a new fabric or fiber we’ve been dying to try.
- Speaking of dying…we could try dyeing a fabric or fiber on our own.
- Craft a pattern mash-up. Take elements from two or more patterns and combine them in a single project.
- Sign up for a class to learn a new technique or create a cool project.
- Add a different craft medium to our needlework, like paint, clay, paper, beading, wire work, mosaics, photography, etc.
- Craft a party. Invite friends over for a day of crafting together.
- Teach someone to stitch. Share the love; share the joy; share your skills.
- Finish a project that’s been back-burnered too long.
- Take a picture of a project you create this month and enter it into CHA’s #CRE8TIME contest.
How To Enter
Take a picture of your finished project and upload it to the #CRE8TIME Facebook contest app (www.facebook.com/cre8time) or the Instagram contest app (www.instagram.com/cre8time). Be sure to hashtag your picture #CRE8TIME and explain your entry in the photo description area provided. All entries will be judged by creative industry professionals.
What You Can Win
1st Prize: Sizzix Big Shot Starter Kit
2nd prize: Plaid Gift Basket
3rd Prize: iLoveToCreate Tulip Body Art Kit
Mike and I have re-established our reading-and-stitching evenings. I can’t show you what I’m working on just now, but these are some of the things I’m using.
What are you working on? Will you enter something in this contest? I think I’ll enter one of my barrettes.